How to make shrimp Alfredo pasta | Instant Pot Recipes
Learn how to make shrimp Alfredo pasta in Instant Pot. Certainly, Christmas and New Year holiday season is over but you still feel like it’s not enough yet. Absolutely, this time of the year it’s all about delicious comfort food. In other words, a mouthwatering Shrimp Alfredo Pasta recipe will give you a perfect chance to re-visit the best festive moments of your sweet dream foodie vacation time with one of the best Pressure Cook recipes.
Honestly, I have never met a person who doesn’t like shrimp Alfredo. The only problem with shrimp Alfredo recipe is that you are afraid of making it at home as you think it is very time consuming. So, you agree to pay an astronomical price for restaurant Alfredo pasta rather than just making this yummy meal in the comfort of your own home in just 30 minutes.
The list of ingredients is not excessive and demanding at all for this shrimp recipe. The chances are you have most of them right now. By the way, for shrimp Alfredo recipe you can use either pasta, or fettuccine, or penne or whatever your culinary imagination might give you a hint about.
As always, there is a secret ingredient which either make or break the delicious meal. This time it is white wine. You can use any type of wine wine, just remember that it shouldn’t be too sweet. We usually go with Chardonnay or just old good Martini.
It’s never been easier to learn how to make shrimp Alfredo pasta…
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. With a little bit of patience and love you will make the healthy dinner recipes in Pressure Cooker.
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb fettuccine or penne pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup white wine (I used White Martini)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Parsley or basil for garnish if desired
- First, place the noodles into the inner pot. Add 4 cups water. Make sure that water covers the pasta. Add 1/2 tbsp salt. Close the lid and turn the valve to the “Sealing” position. Select “Pressure Cook” program and set time to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile the pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimps. Rinse them well and dry with paper towels. Place the shrimps into the bowl and season them with 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- When time is up, open the lid by using the quick release i.e. turn the valve to the “Venting” position. Remove the noodles from the inner pot and drain them well.
- Select “Sauté” program, adjust “Mode Indicator” to “More” and set time to 5 minutes. Pour olive oil and add the shrimps. Sauté the shrimps and stir them from time to time. Do not overcook them. Remove the shrimps from the inner pot and set aside.
- Select “Sauté” program and set time to 10 minutes. Add butter, onion and saute until the onion is golden brown. Add garlic, wine and whipping cream. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the onions loose.
- Bring the sauce to boil and add Parmesan cheese. Simmer it for 2 minutes.
- When time is up, add pasta and shrimps. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with parsley and add a little bit more grated cheese.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
Expand your healthy dinner recipes repertoire by adding Chinese Noodles, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Chinese Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Whole roasted chicken, Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. The shrimp Alfredo recipe is yummy and tasty. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.