Most importantly, Thanksgiving and Christmas come shortly. For instance, Roasted Turkey With Lemon Parsley & Garlic recipe by Gordon Ramsay will help you enjoy your holiday time. To clarify, based on this easy roasted turkey recipe, the bird comes out crispy, moist and succulent. In addition, there are a few secrets how to make turkey moist. Above all, the main tips are: 1) after the first 10 minutes in the oven, take the turkey out and place the bacon on top of the breasts, so the fat will protect, and naturally grease the bird. For example, the bacon could be used in the gravy later on. 2) put the batter underneath the skin of the turkey. However, you have to loose the skin beforehand 3) keep pouring olive oil on top of the turkey as frequently as needed during the oven time.
- 15.5 lb turkey
- 8 oz bacon
- 1 lb butter
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- bunch of parsley
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- salt & black pepper taste
- 1 of each onion, apple, lemon
- Let’s make a flavored batter. Put a room temperature butter, season it with salt and ground black pepper, add zest and juice from 1 lemon. Add olive oil and mix it well, then add parsley and garlic and mix it thoroughly again. Form a few rolls and set them aside.
- Now it’s bird’s turn. Gently loose the skin with your fingers, so the batter could be stuck underneath it. Be cautious, don’t completely break it. Season with salt and pepper. Massage well. Now start placing the batter under the skin and then just batter over the breasts, legs and wings.
- Place turkey, breast side up, in roasting pan.
- Stuff the turkey with onion, apple and lemon.
- Cross the turkey legs and tie with skin or rope.
- Use the last roll of batter to go over the breasts, legs and wings one more time. Generously paint with olive oil.
- Here is a tip how to avoid burned wings. Either protect them with the foil or just hide them underneath the turkey by folding them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325F. Roast turkey uncovered for time indicated in chart of the package or until juices run clear.
- The turkey is a lean meat, so keep it moist by pouring juices over it.
- When turkey is golden brown (it takes after approximately 40 minutes in the oven), take the bird out and place the bacon on the breasts to naturally grease the bird and prevent it from burning.
- When turkey is done, remove from the oven. Cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 30 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
In addition, you will learn how to make turkey stuffing. You will enjoy spicy herbs from inside the bird. In other words, the stuffing for turkey is a key ingredient for success of making moist and juicy turkey. Furthermore, check out other delicious and easy chicken & Christmas recipes:
Most importantly, stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently.
Finally, all best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. As a result, we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.