How to make Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Healthy as it is heavy-loaded with oats (2 cups of oats vs just 1 tbsp of flour)
- Delicious. Moist and tender centers combined with slight crisp on the edges
- Sweetened with sugar. We used just regular white sugar but you can add brown sugar for more impressive coloring feature.
- Studded with raisins
Equipment Used To Make This Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl of a KitchenAid mixer. Beat them thoroughly.
- Add the softened butter.
- Pour the vanilla extract.
- Add the raisins. Mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Combine the quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats and flour in another large bowl. Mix them thoroughly with the KitchenAid stand mixer.
- Combine the oats and flour with the eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins. Mix them thoroughly.
- Leave the mixture aside for 30 minutes. The oats will soak and become juicier.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Divide the mixture into eighteen pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter, 2 inches apart, onto a baking sheet. or pizza stone.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Related Recipes
Certainly, Oatmeal Soft Cookies will be your favorite healthy and yummy baking recipe for many years to come. Above all, It is much more than just a regular oatmeal raisin cookie recipe as it is also soft and chewy. Furthermore, check other baking recipes:
As always, stay tuned as we are planning to show you our simple step by step recipes which are updated frequently. Moreover, we focus on the healthy recipes only. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. In conclusion, we have to confess: we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.