How to make Crepes (Easy Crepe Recipe)
Now we are going to share with you a few recipes with the whey. Today you will learn how to simply make Crepes (Easy Crepe Recipe) to satisfy both sweet-tooth and savory dish lovers as this Crepes recipe is equally good for both. If you follow how we made homemade Cottage Cheese, you might remember that we got the whey after making it.
Just in case, here is a recipe of How to make Cottage Cheese at home:
As always, there are some useful tips that might help you achieve the best results.
Firstly, you can use either the whey or milk. If you use milk, add 1/2 cup flour less.
Secondly, remember: patience is a virtue. To make your crepes beautiful and lacy, use a special crepe pan and thin-edged spatula:
Thirdly, don’t put any limits on your creativity. You can use literally any filling or stuffing. Of course, we will share with you our favorite ones but don’t be scared to experiment and invent something new.
As always, we share with you only the recipes that we made many times and selected as per the strict criteria for busy families that care about the budget and health.
Servings: 21 crepes
- 9 Eggs
- 2/3 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 3 cup whey or milk (any fat %)
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Crack the eggs into a Mixer, add salt and beat them on low speed.
- Continue beating the eggs, add whey and oil.
- Sieve flour into the mixer and keep mixing until all ingredients combine together well.
- Heat the crepe pan.
- Grease the pan with the vegetable oil. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the crepe pan, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. As you are pouring the batter into the pan, swirl the batter to evenly coat the bottom. Fill any gaps with a little more batter.
- Fry it for a few seconds on medium heat until the edges are golden, flip the crepe using a thin-edged spatula (tip) to easily get under the crepe. Keep frying until the second side turns golden then turn the crepe out onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding butter as needed.
- The crapes are done. They are perfect – golden, lacy and yummy.
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Related Recipes
Above all, the Crepes is about filling and stuffing options. We are going to share with you our favorite fillings (Cottage Cheese, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Honey, Strawberries, Maple Syrop, Mushrooms, Salmon, Different Cheeses – Mozzarella, Philadelphia and Meat) . As you can see, they include both sweet and savory crepes. In addition, check other related recipes starting with Homemade Buttermilk:
As you already know, homemade Kefir is a fantastic source of many nutrients.
Also, from culinary point of view Buttermilk is an essential ingredient for cooking a lot of yummy recipes including cakes, pancakes, dough, cottage cheese and many more.
As always, stay tuned as we are planning to show you our simple step by step recipes which are updated frequently. Moreover, we focus on the healthy recipes only. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. In conclusion, we have to confess: we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.