How to make Cottage Cheese (1-ingredient recipe)
First of all, you better believe it as we are going to make 1-ingredient recipe. Yes, it is not a slip of the pen or tongue. It is a reality. Learn how make Cottage Cheese (1-ingredient recipe) right now. Remember: you need one ingredient only – Buttermilk. As you already know, we make our own Buttermilk made at home.
For sure, you can make it as well. Here is a recipe:
As always, there are some useful tips that might help you achieve the best results.
Firstly, you can use any Buttermilk. We used homemade Buttermilk.
Secondly, be patient. Heat at low volume.
Thirdly, keep the Cottage Cheese mixture in the fridge overnight. Do not cut corners, please be disciplined to get this easy recipe done perfectly…
By the way, Homemade Cottage Cheese is also high in many nutrients, including protein, B vitamins, and many minerals like calcium, selenium, and phosphorus. Above all, if you made a new year resolution and have a target of losing weight or building muscle, cottage cheese should be in your short list of the most beneficial foods you can eat to achieve your ambitious plans.
As always, we share with you only the recipes that we made many times and selected as per the strict criteria for busy families that care about the budget and health.
Servings: 48.5 oz
1 Gallon buttermilk (3.25%)
- Stainless Steel Casserole
- Glass Bowl
- Food Thermometer
- Pour 1 Gallon of buttermilk into a non-reactive or Stainless Steel Casserole. It is better to use a double-bottom Casserole.
- Heat buttermilk at low temperature (from 140 F to 180 F) for about one hour. If you want to make Cottage Cheese for baking then it should be dry, so heat it up to 180 F. If you want it to be creamy, stay at a low bound of the temperature range (about 140 F). The temperature varies in different spots, measure the temperature at the center of the casserole for consistency.
- Close the lid, remove from the stove and let it cool down to a room temperature.
- Now you may pour milk mixture into the cheesecloth to separate the curds from the whey. Anyway, for better results we recommend to keep it overnight in the fridge because the cheesecloth will retain more curds at lower temperature.
- Now take the cheesecloth and create a pouch by making a knot at the top.
- You may collect the whey and use it for making other recipes such as ricotta cheese, crepes, dough, pancakes and many others. We are planning to share our favorite recipes with you soon. Stay tuned.
- Allow the Cottage Cheese to hang for a few hours. Usually it takes from 2 to 4 hours.
- The Cottage Cheese is ready now. It is creamy and soft. You can serve it immediately with berries, jam. Our favorite is a Sweetened Condensed Milk. Yum-yum!!!
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Related Recipes
Certainly, 1-ingredient recipe might sound too good to be true but it is absolutely real. Most importantly, and the best part: you know how to make it. In addition, check other related recipes starting with Homemade Buttermilk and continue with delicious chicken recipes at our website:
As you already know, homemade Kefir is a fantastic source of many nutrients.
Also, from culinary point of view Buttermilk is an essential ingredient for cooking a lot of yummy recipes including cakes, pancakes, dough, cottage cheese and many more.
Finally, stay tuned as we are planning to show you our simple step by step recipes which are updated frequently. Moreover, we focus on the healthy recipes only. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. In conclusion, we have to confess: we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.