Chinese Noodles | Instant Pot Recipes
Learn how to make Chinese Noodles in Instant Pot. Chinese food is probably the easiest way to start making Pressure Cooker recipes. I am sure once you make it, you will be amazed how easy it really was. There are a lot of advantages of implementing your easy dinner ideas with helpful device. Firstly, you don’t need a huge and heavy iron-cast wok. Secondly, you can prepare everything in less than half an hour e.g. this recipe takes approximately 25 minutes. Thirdly, your meal in Pressure Cooker will be much healthier as you both control quantity of oil used in the Noodles recipe and also because all the nutrients stay inside this device during the Pressure cooking program. Fourthly, using Pressure Cooker will not compromise quality of your delicious and healthy dinner recipes.
As always, there is a secret trick which makes the difference between well-cooked and over-cooked final result. Use 2 cups of water for 6 servings for this healthy recipe. Why this amount of water? By trial and error method, we found the optimal ratio between quantity of Noodles used and water added. It is about 2 cups per 16 oz. If you add too much water, then you will get a watery noodles which resemble a soup. If you add too little water, then your Chinese Noodles might burn. There are fixes for both scenarios but we just want to provide you with a warning and recommend you to stick to the optimal amount of water.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. With a little bit of patience and love you will make the healthy dinner recipes in Instant Pot.
- 16 oz noodles
- 1 carrot
- 2 different color bell peppers
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks green onion
- 4 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Cut all vegetables (carrot, bell peppers, ginger) and mince the garlic.
- Select (Sauté) program and adjust cooking time to 5 minutes. When it’s hot, add olive oil, sesame oil, minced garlic and ginger. Saute for about a minute until garlic and ginger start changing color.
- Add the veggies – carrot and bell peppers.
- Add salt, pour soy sauce, sriracha and honey. Stir them well.
- When time is up, add Noodles, pour 2 cups of water. Close the lid, turn the steam release handle to “sealing” position. Select (Pressure cook) program, set the “Pressure Indicator” to “High Pressure” and then manually adjust time to 1 minute. Instant Pot Noodle Tip: Select the time manually and cook at high pressure for half of the noodle package cooking time minus 1 minute. For example, if the cook time is 10 minutes, cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When time is up, open the lid by using quick release i.e. turn the steam release handle to “venting” position.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onion.
Well, easy and Chinese Noodles are ready. They turned out really delicious, flavorful and soft. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
Expand your healthy dinner recipes repertoire by adding BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Chinese Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Whole roasted chicken, Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. The BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe is delicious and easy. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.