How to make the Best Potato Salad for Christmas and everyday
Every family has a special Christmas food tradition. Our family loves Christmas Potato Salad and we make it with a few tasty twists. So, if you are looking for the best Potato Salad recipe, stop your research as you arrived at the final destination. We keep our promise and publish only the best recipes for busy families.
Probably, you will notice some elements from the German Potato Salad, some inspirational motives from other homemade Potato Salads including the Eastern European traditional salads (e.g. Olivier). This savory Christmas food will indulge you in peculiar taste and softness. Eggs will make Christmas Potato Salad tender and pickles will create an unforgettable reminder of this yummy meal.
Let us share with you the best Potato Salad recipe. It might be a great addition to the Christmas Dishes.
You will fall in love with it as soon as you try it for the first time. It’s an easy and delicious potato salad with eggs for every event but it is particularly good for the Christmas time. The Best Potato Salad will be a great companion for Roasted Turkey with Lemon Parsley & Garlic | Gordon Ramsay recipe.
Best Potato Salad | Christmas recipes
- Bring water to boil, add potatoes and cook them until soft about 30 minutes.
- Make eggs hard-boiled.
- Cut a sausage, cucumbers, onion, boiled potatoes and 2 eggs into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in the large bowl, add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Use remaining 3 eggs for salad decoration.
- Separate yolk from white.
- Grate whites, yolks and carrot separately.
- Place salad on a large plate and shape a Santa Clause’s face.
- Decorate the middle part of the face with yolk (face), the top part with carrot (hat) and the bottom part with egg white (beard).
- Put 1 cherry tomato as a nose and another one as a hat decoration.
- Cut the olive into halves and use them as eyes.
- The best Potato Salad is ready to serve. Bon appetit!
Remember: If you prepare it at lunch so it can sit and build the flavors or even overnight and will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. By the way, usually it is eaten in a couple of days. So, it will be quite fresh by the time you finish this delicious Christmas food.